Uptown Animal Hospital Relationship Responsibilities
Our mission is to provide extraordinary care to your four-legged family members in a knowledgeable, low stress and creative way. Our empathetic team is here to guide and support the connection between you and your pet. We strive to treat each pet as if they are a member of our own family.
Uptown Animal Hospital views veterinary care as a team effort between you (the client) and our entire medical team of veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, and customer service representatives. We will do our best to provide a range of diagnostic and treatment plans and abide by the approach selected by you (the client) while also considering what we feel is best for the patient. Your pet will receive safe, high-quality veterinary care regardless of client age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Uptown Animal Hospital promotes a culture of respect and teamwork, and values the quality of our relationships through an understanding of mutual responsibilities.
You are responsible for:
- Providing accurate information about your pet’s health and medical history.
- Providing accurate information regarding all responsible parties.
- Asking the medical team for clarification when you do not understand medical terms or instructions about your pet’s plan of care.
- Following your pet’s plan of care after discharge from the hospital.
- If you are unable/willing to follow the plan of care, you are responsible for telling your care provider, who will then explain the potential medical consequences of not following the recommended plan.
- Acting in a manner that is respectful towards other clients, hospital employees or students.
- Following the Hospital’s rules and regulations, including respect of Hospital property.
- Meeting your financial obligation for the Hospital services provided, including the initial examination, and associated fees unless otherwise specified at the time of visit.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM OUR TEAM
- To receive compassionate veterinary care.
- To participate in and make decisions about your pet’s care, including declining care.
- Your pet’s medical team will explain the potential medical consequences of declining the recommended treatment.
- To have your pet’s illness, possible treatment plans and potential outcomes be explained in a manner you can understand.
- To have private and confidential treatment plans, communications, and medical records for your pet.
Uptown Animal Hospital does not tolerate abusive language, physical abuse, discriminatory, racist or harassing behavior by clients, family members or friends of the family. Any of these behaviors may result in denial of service and/or law enforcement intervention. If you have any concerns about your experience or your pet’s care at Uptown Animal Hospital you may contact us at [email protected]